from Gary Semics
There are three different techniques for whoops.
A. Jumping through the troughs of the whoops.
B. Front wheel placement.
C. Skimming the tops of the whoops.
Some key points to practice are;
– When Skimming the whoops our body movements should work from just a little behind the Central Location. When Skimming the Whoops do not use the clutch.
– Clutch and throttle control along with body movements are what gives you control when jumping or doing the Front Wheel Placements techniques.
– Keep the balls of your feet on the foot-pegs.
– Your handgrip should be in the accelerating position (high over grip). This is so your body movements can work through your whole range of motion over the bike.
– Hold onto the bike with your knees.
– Look far enough out in front of you to be ready for the four or fifth whoop, not just the next one or two.
When the whoops are uneven you most likely will have to use a combination of all three techniques. Make sure you look far enough ahead so you are ready for what’s coming up.
For all the info about whoops check out my Vo. 1 Techniques DVD # 3 (The Art of Jumping and Whoops) or Vo. 2 Techniques DVD # 3 (All About Jumping and Whoops).
See free DVD previews and order online at www.gsmxs.com Currently on sale for 50% off. Full downloads for as little as 1.95 at: www.mxraceschool.com
Work hard, ride smart and make it fun,